Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mr. and Mrs. J K

Apr 22, 2011 - The red-lettered day for JK and me. Apr 21 was the reception to announce and celebrate the same in advance. ;) Hosted and celebrated at International S for K C.

When I look back, I sometimes feel I do not know how we reached so far. We have come a long way from where we knew each other and we still have a very long way to go. However, the long way to go from here is different from the long way we took to reach here. It is much more real and much more dynamic than our own imagination. The only thing static is that we are in it together as man and wife.

Dad got very sentimental towards the end of our wedding and said that all this was possible due to both of our efforts. :) In a way, he is very right. However, when I saw the hustle-bustle around me and JK on our D day and the days before that, I would give thank and credit K along with each and everyone in our respective families for everything.

Took a 4 week vacation for the wedding and here I am almost at the end of it with barely any time to realize that its almost the end. Initial week went in beautification and preparing for transfer of items. I procrastinated till the last possible minute and managed to only sort out the jewels. The feeling that I would be finally "officially" shifting choked me and made me procrastinate how much ever I could. Cooking is however in ground zero stage and I pray to K for helping me sail thro with utmost care and understanding from MIL to master the art asap. Second week went in preparing for the wedding with all of us running to different corners of the house and driving one another nuts. Third week went in relaxing from the hectic wedding activities and honeymooning in Shimla. JK was at his boyish and man-charming best. I wonder how I have been so far. Hopefully, good. :) Fourth week was back to reality and finally spent in shifting things of utmost necessity being the foremost priority. Getting there. Am telling myself to take it one day at a time to get used to the different language, place, people, habits around me. JK and his folks are doing their bit and I hope to respond with equal genuine bit.

Thinking about work makes me dizzy, mostly due to the vague project and assh-th. I need the money to pay off the wedding debt and I pray to K with utmost sincerity to shower his choicest and best blessings to help me sail thro every small to big hurdle and achieve success in both professional and personal front. I pray for JK in equal measure. We are a couple now - it really is taking time to sink in. Hope we get along with each other well forever and hope we get along well with respective immediate families and ILs, including distant ones. I miss my home and its comfort the most. I miss my folks for all kinds of reasons. :) Tried my best to extend my stay in the fourth week and JK sweetly obliged, thanks to his folks. To learn and unlearn is quite a daunting task. Hope all goes well for life.

Few of the sweetest things JK did - Tried to attend to every need of mine before the wedding as it was getting close and being ready to reason it out wherever it might cause friction, romantic best in Shimla and the day we shifted things from my parents to his - fed me for the first time. :) Made me cry during honeymoon for a very casual remark about my desire to tattoo (saying things about my age, maturity, new responsibilities, trying to take things for granted just because now we were married, being a software professional.....) and made up for it by kissing me on my cheek in public in Shimla. :) Words still hurt when it rings inside my head but he tried making up. Wonder why he got so touchy when it was definitely a plain teaser. Cant imagine anymore if I insisted even for the heck of it by saying I only wanted to tattoo something about him or on such lines on my arm etc.

Each day is new discovery about myself and I hope life prepares me to become stronger, smarter and sensitive and sensible in the right ratios to achieve success and peace in all fronts at the earliest and forever.

More scoops on all the above weeks in detail in subsequent blog posts..... :)

No comments: