Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happiness galore and a pinch of regret - makes me feel human anyway!

Good news today that has done wonders to my sister and indefinitely even for my parents - My sis cleared her CA first set of papers with flying colors. She had written this set long back and cleared Group 1 with average marks. However, to complete the first set, she needed to clear Group 2 and it happened at last on her 3rd attempt. When she did not clear the last two times, she was so heart-broken and desolate.... phew, I did not have enough words to console her but her efforts have finally paid off. She was pretty mature this time in handling her fears when it was result time and so very happy when she informed me about her success. She is now capable to work in any multinational firm for a good pay and still only 20 years old. :) Her marks are supposed to be equal to any rank-holder. :)

When she called me to inform this, I was so elated and the minute she mentioned that my dad was very happy, I felt my heart sink with sadness. I was shocked at my own self but realized that I had this regret alive in me for disappointing my parents with my incomplete B.Sc degree and having let them down. What he says in 3 idiots is so true. :D Anyways, am human and I hope to do my bit that can keep my parents proud and content.

Am glad that the lil girl is now just one more set of exams, final year B.Com exams and few months of articleship away from becoming a qualified CA. That would be her key to success in life and career and the apple of my parents' eyes. God bless her and fulfill all her dreams and keep her grounded at the same time.

No comments: