Thursday, January 27, 2011

3rd month anniversary of my engagement with JK

Today is the 3rd month anniversary of my engagement with JK. Yes, its now 3 months since he became my fiance officially. Sometimes it feels as if I've gotten used to it and sometimes am caught unaware that it actually has reached here from acquaintanceship.

As I've told many times to close pals and others, this was not planned though even JK does not agree, thanks to how I told him I got impressed with his decent and friendly nature as we got to know each other better, esp. the NY sight-seeing trip during my US visit in 2008. Whenever I used to talk about the NY trip, I somehow landed up telling about this genuinely decent guy and now JK uses that to tease me that I fell for him flat on my face since then. What would a girl do otherwise when a guy is being cordial to her and not a bit in-your-face flirtatious in a strange land? It is a different story when he says he had nothing else to do at that time and had not actually gone out of his way, just coz it was me. According to him, he has been cordial to a lot of people, esp. women. Well, if that was his nature, good for all of us and himself. :P However, he cant deny the fact that he is the one who used to ping me almost everyday and catch up, which is how we became good friends. I can twist his intentions too here. ;) But I admit that both of us really did not see where this was going and reaching here just happened as a matter-of-fact, thanks to circumstances.

This quote describes what I agree on the definition of love and hope to feel every bit of it for JK in the days coming ahead for both of us. I already am quite there (last 4 lines):

“I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you.”

He is the one who casually remarked that its our 3rd monthly anniversary. I really did not realize it out of my way, though it did strike me in the last few months. Instead, I've been asking and telling myself where I am going when the calendar shows 22nd. :)

Got a lovely bracelet and a pair of earrings all the way from US from AM & DE, thro CL at work as gifts for my engagement and wedding news. JK teased me as usual that AM and I are love birds. :P The earrings are supposed to be genuine garnet and diamonds. Few of my colleagues were wowed but I was touched more than wowed.

Jan 24th, 2011 was a complete surprise to me and a very special date for the two of us. Got to see J's not-underground side and that evening makes me go weak in my knees, even now when I think of it as I type these lines. He actually made me feel really wanted and obviously extremely special and s*n*ual. I know he felt the same way as he acknowledged later that it was a very special date. :)

Got a new year gift from him - chicken soup for the Indian romantic soul. A perfect recipe to drown in the romantic feeling. :) Gifted him a bluetooth hands-free. I was surprised that he got me a gift and I surprised him in return. ;) Sweethearts for sure and I hope we remain so always. He visited my place to say hi to me & my folks and also wish for New Year. I obviously tried to fit into his dream-wife role and scored brownies but it is such a tough task, I swear. :)

The boy has a knack of twisting everything wherein he still can get me into splits of laughter or annoy me the most. Gift of gab and a twisted logical mind are the reasons for his behavior. No matter what, he is very gentle behind all that sarcasm and serious nature.

I have an idea but not completely as to how he perceives me. That anyway does not make me stop from trying to work on my minus points to make our lives better. I love the boy. :) I hope to care for his family and fit well and viceversa when it comes to J and mine or J's folks with me.

Work is giving me nightmares. I do not know where I am headed and I completely am losing my faith in the product that I am working on. Am trying my best to kill the vagueness and get rid of my fears of swimming in the dark but I land up procrastinating. Only then will I also get the clarity on gearing up simultaneously for the next big turning point in my life where I have to don so many different roles at once and face the big tide. Got to pull myself up. Also, need people in my team (project, department) to cooperate their best and same from me. All this with a good work-life balance.

Got to hear great news from a good school friend that she is married now to a good friend of hers. Her whole story makes me feel so special as she got the comfort level to share it without missing a detail, although delayed. No complaints on the delay as she has all the rights to sort out and decide when what is best. The couple look so so so cute together and I love the contentment in her voice when she speaks of him. Well-deserved turning point in her life. Hope the remaining loose ends also clear themselves for her soon.

Another school friend of mine is so happily married that I wish it lasts forever for him. Touchwood! His own words -

Mahesh: I hope you are not scared of the whole thing.
me: not a lot :)
Mahesh: good. i got the correct answer. i felt the same when i was in this situation. but believe me it will be so only for a month or two after the marriage.
me: and then wot happens? were u more scared or completely comfy? :D
Mahesh: in my case, I was quite comfortable for a couple of reasons.
the families had jelled very well and were very comfortable.
then are both of a similar nature, very frank, straight forward and quite open, helped us get to know each other very well too early
then her family was very cool and broad minded, and our frequencies were of a very close match.
Her sister's presence made a very big difference to us, she did her part in making sure we know each other very well
i can say one thing, her sister is a fantastic human being and very lucky to have such a person in my life.
ofcourse my parents and her parents were in constant touch.
All together it made the transition look very simple for both of us. In fact we felt our wedding was just a function.
This is our story in a jist.
me: :) good to hear it
i've observed this in ur family
now wen i hear it, i obviously get a better idea
shashi's sister has definitely helped u two a great deal
Mahesh: very true. a very nice family.
In my case what has happened is, when i decided on the relationship, I had a very few critical parameters for me to decide. I took the decision after expecting 20% and now I feel I have got 2000%
its a very nice feeling.
me: :) i can sense it in the confidence levels
there is a huge change in ur confidence levels before and after marriage
u seem to know ur priorities and preferences better than before in any aspect of ur life
Mahesh: hmm. Yes it has made a big change in my life. I feel it was worth all the struggle through out my childhood.
me: :) am very happy to hear that.
life has its own ways to make things seem better
Mahesh: hmm all part and parcel of life.

Am waiting to hear about such good turning point from another very good friend of mine. She is so romantic and so mature but her fury is equally strong. She deserves an end to her woes and yes, has to also accept and oblige to her own share of compromises as it is with anyone in their married life. I will anyway support her any day.

All of these things put together makes me so hopeful and increases my belief in all the romances that is written, made into movies and spoken.

No comments: