Lot of things are changing in my personal life and professional life.
Veetarag is no longer my manager since Nov 2025, and I still have not adjusted to this change in different examples. We were told to come to work once a week and I tried to go and noticed that few people were not doing so, emulated them. Since July mid 2026, we have been asked to come twice a week, and I am resisting it so much. It is not right but then I have my reasons, with the latest visit that had me waiting in the cab for an hour right outside the main gate of the campus. Two team members were fired in June 2026 without any notice. Then Veetarag called and informed that he was also impacted. Then I noticed Rashmi missing, the editor Sharmela missing.
From June 2026, AI use is encouraged so much that I tried my hand to create an agent for the firmware guide update - Kiruthiga and Vikas showed off their agents, and I had my inferiority complex kick in - It still instigated me to create one, use it for my actual work and submit to Jeetu Patel - I got the 4k award. Then came some activity about xml to md conversion, I was caught off-guard and had to handle Samyuktha's throwball pick-up - I had to then hire the auto driver for this pick-up service. I have not started the feature work for the release and God's grace; the due date seems to have moved by a month. I thought I will finish it this week, but I see a surprise instruction to come to work tomorrow.
How this pre-corona moves impacts me and my family: Daddy is no more and mom is quite senile. Sam is a teenager and doesn't want to go to mom's house after school, and she is also not liking this change of us being asked to come to work mandatorily. It is another story that the auto or cab fares are sky-high and most of the days, and no office work gets done. Not only that, but I also just got reminded that there is going to be 4-hour product strategy kick-off meeting in two days from 8.30 pm to 12.30 am. Yes, read it again - burning the midnight oil to know "strategies to work in the times of AI".
But now I am being made to realize painfully that my mom, me and my daughter have to learn to navigate this change to sustain this job for as long as it holds. That means telling the maid to come early, which she sometimes doesn't due to her "bhakti", waking up early, planning provision and weekly meals a bit more carefully and get used to moving the butt out of the complacent zone to move forward with the time.
In a way, getting busy like this helps to keep me distracted from the nagging thought of how to dodge meeting the dastardly set of friends I have been holding onto and seeing their true colors in the Egypt Jan 2026 trip. I shall definitely document my experiences in some days along with the memories I am left with from that trip, no offence to the beautiful country or its people.
How to help mom cope with this change - I don't know really. After reading the blog posts from 2024-25, there seems to be no change with her increasing senility which was testing my patience in the past few weeks. This change will give me a breather but might make her lonelier. Regarding Sam, all I can count on is the saving grace of the spare key, her teenage capacity to manage basics for herself, and being able to reach her over the phone whenever required or vice versa.
The arduous task of getting the will done, verifying the status and registering the property (the only solid asset my parents have left for us and which we hope will fetch us a good solid savings, considering the worth of this neighborhood), property tax, encumbrance certificate etc. and a good real estate lawyer who can help us with what we want in the most reasonable ways. - Sister is pestering to start this month and I am targeting aug mid of 2026 - Seeking prayers from the Almighty for this.
Will keep blogging to get these things out of my mental system and also move on, especially now that I realize that I am on my own after daddy died.
No comments:
Post a Comment