
Liked this image which I got from a random Google search for the word which is the title and subject of this blog post.
As in my previous post, to-be-Leopold and I are getting to know each other better with almost every passing day. Work and other chores take up most of our time and geographical distance/time difference makes it difficult for us to concentrate on our relationship during his 6-week firang trip. However, he and I are almost at our sweet-nothings phase and sometimes it seems as if it is definitely filled with meaningful conversations. These conversations obviously allows us to peek into our minds and also gets us closer. I also found the will power to confide one of my deepest disappointment and was almost ready to brace whatever came my way. It was very close to my heart and esteem. He handled it so well that I wish I could have crossed all the geographical distance/time difference barriers and expressed my feelings in action than just words.
Looking back at how we managed our conversations showed how much one can accommodate for another person, if it were something meaningful and special. I, for one, am a very lazy morning person but would make time to complete chores to get ready to work quickly and attend his calls, so that we speak in leisure. He, on his turn, would call up twice a day without fail and somewhere somehow ensure that his activities are not disturbed and also that we spend time talking in leisure, though it pinches his pocket more than mine. Pray the corporate jungle does a favor to his pocket and expenses it completely on his return without a fuss.
During our conversations over these two weeks, I realized I had bugged him over a petty nagging issue at work and poor sweetheart of mine was all ears initially but it tested his patience too in the end. I did not realize this, dumb me. Am now making a conscious effort to digress from such topics because I miss him a lot and do not want to spend time overdoing in sharing something trivial and totally unrelated. I have started every teensy-weensy bit of my daily life to him. He is still quite collected but shedding his reserved side gradually. I appreciate his patience and his non-judgmental nature. Turning out to be a level-headed, sometimes over-realist with whom the relationship does not feel like the usual coy-lusty couple category but also good companionship with a quite good give-take balance.
Though he says that the marriage is a boring long-journey one-way ticket, we keep trying to agree to disagree because I am aware of that side and also believe in the companionship factor. We are from different cultures and friction is bound to happen, especially with his over-responsible nature compared to my laid-back side. Hoping to work on the relationship well in the long-term without life-disturbing chaos. His restrained nature makes me shake him up to open up but I notice that he has started warming up gradually now. Quite an extreme side of empathy exists that might not always be fair for himself but the way he melts, I'd say he deserves a hug and more. I remember confiding to a close friend that he influences me by making me more tolerant and sometimes optimistic with a check at the back of my mind. :) I might develop a better sense of empathy, thanks to him. However, I hope he pushes himself at a quicker pace with time because he really is good at whatever he likes to do but remains in the spot due to some unreasonable hesitation.
I would recommend such relationships to anybody and everybody as long as it is helping the people involved grow into better personalities in all spheres of life and still remain deep-rooted to each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment