Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The other side of Easter...

One part of me was bleeding its death and the other part was awakening to a fresh move.

Watched a play with a companion and this date was something that I had contemplated for a long while now. It almost seemed as if it would not happen and then, bang on, it happened just like that... It felt as if someone was teasing me as to how could I jump to such conclusions. :)

The play was my second time and it felt better the second time but definitely not fresh. I got carried away the first time coz of a hunk and this time, the play tugged at my heart with better performances from the actor whom I had sidelined the first time. The play was at a famous theater near a location that was close to my heart for another reason. The location was a nice little coy lake where I had met my long lost friend after a decade. The meeting was a short and sweet one and a breather during my broiling hell time 4 years ago. I had met my schoolmate after a very long time and the whole memory of us catching up and hunting for a place to eat and then me returning home late since we had just not got enough of the time - all this was very fresh in my head.

To be able to go there again was a long time thought and it just happened without any planning after so many years. One part of my head was reliving the 4 year ago incident and another bit of me was sinking in the reality - The company was definitely getting mesmerized with me and I enjoyed the whole date oh so much. It ended in a one of the very interesting conversations I've had - "a lot can happen over coffee" explains it all, locale and context. Hmmm.... :)

P.S. A compliment that got me all conscious but yes, damn good.... "You look fair even in the dark" - ahem, it was meant on face-value and I guess it came out of the lighting effect in the theater and the mesmerizing feel. :D I was caught unaware for sure. :)

No comments: