Friday, May 30, 2008

Kiterunner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This blog is dedicated to the book and the movie Kiterunner by Khaled Hosseini.

I am still reading the book and its taking me time to finish only because its so simply complex and written with such rich intricate emotions. (P.S: Simply complex - paradox?!)

I was so impressed with Khaled Hosseini's second book - "A thousand splendid suns". So, as expected, I went on to read his first book and in the midst of reading it, I could not resist the temptation to watch the movie. Obviously, the movie is not as harsh and turbulent as the book but has definitely managed to capture some of the turbulence and is quite power-packed. Sigh, I even recognized the writer who does a small cameo appearance in the last scene. The actors are debutants and definitely do justice to quite an extent.

My favorite twist of the book: siblings aspect and my favorite line: For you, a thousand times over. :)

These books are an eye-opener about Afghans and Afghanistan. The flow in the first book is quite not so continuous but I guess its understandable, given its the first book. Khaled is a physician. He is a good story-teller too. :)

I am definitely going to complete the book. :) Lets see how I feel by the time I finish reading it.

Khaled Hosseini - One more story-teller in my list of favorites. Sigh, I wish I had inherited some of his genius. :)

No comments: