Hmmm, this particular blog is dedicated to the first spells of rain in Bangalore for 2008. :) And I had the good fortune (I'm trying to not call it misfortune) to witness it and experience it. Phew!!! All my nightmares that had just taken a siesta until October last year, have got awakened again. :( I cant help calling it them nightmares coz of the after-effects of this "oh-so-innocent-refreshing" rain spells - maddening traffic, auto fare and commuting mode woes, mad and wet and irritated world of people around, wet clothes and humid air, last but not the least and worst of all - my area's pathetic state. I get depressed coz of all this wenever it rains. Please dont conclude I am a lifeless soul or a cruel boring person coz of all this. I love rains - especially when it brings along with it all pleasant and simple things like the smell of mud with the first few drops of rain, getting drenched completely, having icecreams when me is a red-nosed rudolph, rainbow plus sunshine, falling asleep while listening to the torrent of rain like a lullaby, curling up on a bed with a novel or a nice movie or just generally chatting away with folks or frnds or doing nothing but staring at the rain, accompanied by chai and pakodas etc., not necessarily in that order of preference. :) Well, I know I need to brace the rainy days ahead with a pinch of salt yet again.
Last month was my bday month. :) Obviously my favorite month coz I get gifts and wishes and get a chance to just feel good without any unreasonable excuses. :D Cut bday cake made just for me, for the first time in my life. Got loads of gifts - some of them were unexpected and made this year very special. I did a new thing too - went on a one day biking trip (first time) with a few colleagues to Devarayanadurga (60 kms from Blore - Tumkur side and similar to Gopalaswamy Betta near Bandipur) and had a blast of time - realised pleasure of biking, got to see green beautiful nature, bikers and their biking passion and how they reach out and have fun together. Started the trip at 5 am and ended at 10 pm. :D Not to forget I came home red-faced, covered all over with grit and mud and was exhausted though I was only a pillion rider. I was very very thrilled too. I love bullets, I say. :) Thanks much to my colleague for offering me the chance to enjoy a bullet ride and driving so safely but with such speed - his was the most envied bike in the group. :D
Apart from that, last month made me realise about Cupid's mischievous antics which sometimes turns out to be more than a mischief. :D Cupid knocks the door when you least expect. Some people tell me Cupid never approached them until they got married. Sometimes I see Cupid strike one person so many times invariably and sometimes even when the person is already committed. I can never understand how Cupid decides. :) I am yet to see how Cupid is gonna act in my life. I have started believing that Cupid's chemistry trials work out to be successful only when the couple are happily married with everyone's blessings and the couple has loads of optimism, guts, determination, patience, compatibility, trust, ability to sacrifice, share and compromise. I believe now that the results of Cupid's experiments are seen only after a certain period of time. Sigh, such a pity, right, when the world is now so fast-moving and wants instantaneous results? But sometimes some beautiful things need to be enjoyed slowly. As a rule, quick-fix solutions dont happen here always. I definitely agree with the sayings "Love is blind" and "It is better to have loved and lost than to not have loved at all." I just pray people develop the strength to face the pain and overcome it if the latter occurs in their life due to some misfortune or bad timing. Been there, done that but the hurt is fresh always for some people.
To love and its undying eternal glory. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment