Monday, April 15, 2013

WHAT TO DO?!

Li fe sucks. I am 31 and I am still so lost as to what I want to do. Mainly because of work. I so hate coming to this office since the past few days. I so hate even working on any task that has been assigned or expected. This hatred hit me like a wave when I walked into the office and saw the director first. I did not meet his eyes but I had heard what was on his mind about me. And the team has its own opinion about me. Hardly anyone talks or smiles at me and it hits me the most during lunch. I ping a girl who is in the team and she is a weird kind of her own. Brings home food and will talk well with her team. We bonded for a few days during lunch but then she decided to spend more time with her team and it has gotten awkward. Either I have created an impression that I do not talk or they think I am a boring kind. I never ever dreamt that there will be a time when I will have to worry how I will have lunch. There have been days when I have just sat at my desk hungry, then gone alone late after much push Whichever way, why this curse on me?!  It began after that fateful twist of events in NetApp and is still following me wherever I go.

I guess the director has already decided that I must be replaced and Madan is just tolling time to tell it to me directly. The contractor is joining on Apr 24th and I have no clue as to what we are expected to do - work together or she is my replacement and I just leave. I have put forth the last straw I had - round table review suggestion. This team is always too busy to even take suggestions related to documentation, let alone read what they gave me as inputs. But life can be lived only with hope. So, I have asked Madan to help me out and reasoned it as well. Let us see how the team cooperates and how things change, eventually, me still with this job and documenting well and making good friends and earning well and balancing work-home as good as it can get. God help me.

Either you make this job better for me (where I get good work to do with good acknowledgement and good sincerity and good wfh options to take care of Samyuktha), JUST like how I want it or give me back the NetApp job with a better manager and a better team or get me a very nice home-based permanent corporate job with a very good pay and perks (just like the current job or NetApp job) and as per my terms and conditions. I need the solution at the very EARLIEST so that I can eagerly look forward to life ahead. Samyuktha needs a lot of care and attention, so that she can grow in a secure and safe environment, learn good things, become a smart girl and grow into a good human being. So does my family - husband, in-laws, parents, sister. Please ensure that I have financial independence ALWAYS and that I be a prudent and smart saver and spender.

If I am going to be working in this company or elsewhere as per your plans for me, then please ensure that we find a VERY GOOD NANNY for my daughter as she needs care and love from all of us and from the nanny and my in-laws when Jitendra and I are away from home at work.

If I am going to be a house-wife with a work from home well-paying job, then the job should be greatly flexible and satisfying, such that it makes up for the staying indoors part and also helps me manage home front duties and Samyuktha's care VERY WELL. PLEASE HELP. IT IS A MIRACLE. BUT PLEASE HELP.

My husband and I should always have very good time and spend a lot of quality time with our child. She should never feel left out or miserable. My husband and I should also always be a happy, always-in-love, peacefully co-existing and respectful, romantic couple. Please help.

Please help me and bless me with good health and good thoughts and actions, so that I can perform my responsibilities WELL.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: