2010 - People address it as "twenty-ten". I like the sound of it - has a nice ring to it. It is 4 days old and here I am blogging after a long long while.
Just got back to work after a week long xmas hols. Some companies call it "forced holiday". And some call it shutdown hols like ours. I like the latter anytime. :) Vacation went quite useful and pinched the pocket too.
Bought a microwave to kindle the cooking bug in me. Culinary attempts: Shahi tukda, pasta in tomato sauce, veg biryani and brownies. Of all these, veg biryani (Special dish on New Year by me) came out well, thanks to mom's tips and microwave. :) Sis and mom gorged it and did give me a lot of credit. That is when I realized what it feels like to feed people and make them happy and feel good and proud in return. Overall, cooking is quite interesting and tricky at the same time. He he. Told this to Jitu and goodness, he was rotflol for sure if I am right. I agree with him on the 'aagasa' quote. Lets see how long I oghithini. So far so good since its been fun.
Bought gold but I am still seeing stars. I consider it a good investment any day though some parts of our society still requires to be satisfied with its show.
Bought a double-cot for my parents from Lifestyle. A nice Tuscan wood queen size cot with great finish for a reasonable price. My parents, who are in dire need of it coz of old age and comfort, were postponing this purchase since God knows when. And I decided to take up the responsibility and grow up for them. Woohoo! I exclaim coz I realized that setting up a family is no joke and requires a lot of thought, care, time and finance.
Watched "3 idiots" twice and loved it more the second time. A nice touching movie with its own share of mischief and one-liners and most of all, the theme. Watched Avatar in 3D - Quite enjoyable but painfully long. Liked Paa more since it was very endearing. Loved the Bacchans and Ms. Balan. Made me relax during the most hectic work week I've known in the current work place. :)
Apart from this, I've been busy contemplating that I need to settle down at the earliest and am in search of my soulmate. :) Sounds so convincingly desperate but its not that bad. I just feel it would be the right time. And poor parents of mine too. :)
Hoping twenty-ten works out well for me and helps me grow up in every sphere of life. Praying for more patience, sensibility and positive strength. I also pray that the world around becomes a safer and happier place to live in. For me, 2009 was definitely quite good but it went really really really fast. Hmmmm.... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment