Well, whats with movies really? A medium of entertainment or just another mode of splurging money? No clue.
From my tiny tot days, most movies that I have watched have been on love / family drama / action flicks. And all know that movies make most of one theme: love - whoa, all kinds - i mean blind, deaf, dumb, normal, obsessive, compulsive etcetera... And all this mainly covers straight type. A few cover the curved ones. (:P) Also, the movies cover love in different geometrical patterns: triangle, circle, square etc. And I have no necesity to blog about "masala" or commercial movies. I just am quoting on movies I liked.
Note: All you international and art movie buffs, pardon my ignorance. Am still trying to get there and increase my awareness.
Once in a while, I get to see movies like Sarfarosh, In pursuit of happiness, Nayagan, Anbe sivam, Kannathil muthamittal, Mouna raagham, Salangai oli, Astitva, Mitr, Meet Joe Black, Casino, One flew over the cuckoo's nest, Anastasia, Shrek, Ratatouille, Kalki, Sindhu bhairavi, Namesake... The one that affected me most recently is "Tamil M.A". This movie scared the hell out of me but then I wondered "Aint the story true?" Albeit, a little exaggerated coz the guy becomes schizophrenic. Not all become like him, do they? Same goes with Anniyan. Are they trying to convey that you become eccentric wen u try to achieve justice?
The next one that has come on the similar lines is Evano Oruvan. Waiting to see it - hopin no eccentricities are found in it and it aint a Pandora box. :)
I had long back seen a Milan Kundera movie and from then, am just too much in a fix to try such movies again. But what the hell, will give it a shot. After all, movies are effectual imageries, sometimes wry and sometimes fantastic. :) Keep watching them is wot I'll say.
No comments:
Post a Comment